Each year, Liv-ex publishes two extended reports analysing the market dynamics surrounding the En Primeur campaign; one ahead of the campaign and another at its conclusion.
In July, we released our closing En Primeur report, Bordeaux 2019: The magic is back, exclusively to Liv-ex members. We’re now making it freely available to everyone.
Key findings in the report:
- The Bordeaux 2019 campaign grabbed the market’s attention in a time of great uncertainty and considerable financial stress
- Using ‘Benchmark Critic’ scores, 2019 is the highest scoring vintage (on average) of the past 15 years
- Price cuts helped reawaken demand and rebuild faith in the system
- Big brands were often more fairly priced than the second and third tier wines
- The reduction of volumes released was a source of continued frustration and narrowed the opportunity for merchants to develop a new generation of buyers
- Merchants reported contrasting sales figures as part-time players saw an increase in sales, whereas En Primeur regulars reported sales drops considerably
- On average, merchant sales by value decreased versus 2018, while sales by volume increased
- An active secondary market developed, and for the first time in years, several wines are selling at a premium to release
You can now claim your complimentary copy of the report (in English, French and German) by filling the form below.